Two years ago we enjoyed a wonderful buffet breakfast at this restaurant when it was Captain’s Grille. It is one of the more cost effective options for the Epcot Candlelight Processional dining package during the holiday season. Now it has been re-imagined into a more quiet & luxurious feeling restaurant and the breakfast menu has changed from a full buffet to an entree and optional continental buffet.
Location: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
breakfast 7:30am – 11:00am
lunch 11:30am – 2:00pm
dinner 5:00pm – 9:00pm
Dining Style: Table service with an optional continental buffet for breakfast
Dining Plan: 1 table service credit
Atmosphere: Warm, quite and inviting
* all information subject to change
My review of this experience: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Read through for details on why I have given this review for this experience
Since we had the Candlelight Processional Dining Package during this visit, we selected the Buffet option which included the continental breakfast buffet as well as our choice of one entree.
Review from my Experience
The Ale & Compass was our Candlelight Processional Dining package reservation. The Candlelight Processional package allowed us to have guaranteed seats at the show with John Stamos as the narrator. We have been wanting to try the Ale & Compass since the redesign and it was the most cost effective option as well.
Our reservation was for 10:55am and we checked-in at the podium 11:00am. We were told that they were running a little behind & that they would text my cell phone when our table was ready. We were okay with the wait because there are so many beautiful holiday decorations to look at in the resort.
I got a text around 11:35am & were promptly seated in a comfortable booth table & handed menus. Our server did not arrive to acknowledge us for about 15 minutes & left after explaining our choices. When he returned to take our order he told us to help ourselves to the continental buffet since it was included in our dining package.
When we visited the buffet, we found that they had limited amounts of food left. The grapes were gone & there was only one cinnamon roll left. Soon our food was delivered and we were told that the buffet was closing for lunch and we should go back one more time if we wanted to. There was even less selection at that point.
– The Breakfast Flatbread was a very large portion, but I found it to be a little rich & oily in texture. I may just be spoiled by the pizza at Via Napoli.
– The steak on the open-faced skirt steak sandwich was slightly tough; I prefer my steak to be very tender.
– The salted caramel-apple french toast was good comfort food and my family approved of the taste.
– The dark chocolate waffles were probably the favorite for our family topped with the rich cream and a side of bacon.
To their credit, when we mentioned that the cinnamon rolls were gone & they told us that they would not be making more, the manager overheard & did go to the Ale & Compass Market & bring some extra large cinnamon rolls from outside of the restaurant. This is much more typical of the Disney service that we are spoiled by.
One of my favorite parts of the meal was my London Strand Earl Gray Twinings Tea. I really enjoyed the beautiful flavors offered with my meal. If purchased at the Twinings Tea store in the Epcot UK Pavilion, the cost of this tea is about $1.00 a bag.
I know that I may be slightly harsh in my review, but Disney has set the bar so high with their food that I now tend to expect excellence when my meal totals $180.00 for four adults.
What I would change for next time
If we take advantage of this low priced meal for the Candlelight Processional again, I will make a reservation for an earlier time. I think that our experience could have been improved if we had not missed out on the delicious offerings at the continental buffet because we were seated so late.
I have to add that I did really like the redesigned bench seating at the back of the restaurant. There is now a space behind the benches to set your park bags & other things. This is very convenient & leaves more room on the benches to sit.
Let me help plan the details of your Walt Disney World Vacation!
Which hotel is the right fit for your family? Where to dine, attractions, crowds and all that goes along with planning a vacation is a lot to think about. With a Disney-focused travel agent by your side, you can plan as much or as little as you desire. My planning assistance all comes at NO additional cost to you and is based on countless hours of personal experience.
- Receive a welcome packet when you book, with park information & a custom planning calendar.
- Dining reservation assistance. Let me help you make your dining reservations for those popular Disney Restaurants. *based on availability
- Fastpass+ assistance. Undecided on which attractions are the best for your family? I’m happy to help you plan to utilize your Fastpasses to your advantage and will also provide assistance making those reservations *based on availability
- Itinerary plans and printed itinerary with added suggestions to optimize your day and your experiences.
- Fee-Free Planning. All of my planning assistance is complimentary when you book your trip through me, you will get all of the services that Disney offers, plus the personalized service that I offer.
- Custom Client Portal – I always like to stay on top of the newest technology and once you are booked, we can set up a free client portal where we can share documents & you can view details about your vacation.
- Help planning visits to other Orlando area attractions outside of the Disney theme parks. If you are considering adding other Orlando attractions to your vacation, why not get assistance from someone who is local and has been there?
You get all of this complimentary planning, and more, when you book your Disney vacation through Melissa of Pixie Dust Adventures (me). Click here to visit my website & fill out a quote form, or contact me so we can set up a time to chat about your dream vacation.
Thank you for reading. My name is Melissa and I am a Disney fanatic, I’m also a travel agent. You will find me almost every weekend in one of the Disney theme parks with my family exploring all of the newest things that Disney has to offer.
Melissa Mathies – Pixie Dust Adventures