Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom fans can pickup this exclusive party card at the 2018 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party. The party begins this year on August 18th and ends on October 31st.
Wondering what the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game is? Head on over HERE & read all about the interactive park game.
Disney Parks Blog explains the story behind the bird as follows
“As the storyline behind the card goes: During one of his walks through the Adventureland, Merlin met the adorable Orange Bird. Merlin was so taken with the little fellow, that he created a brand new Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom spell in his honor.
On this new “Orange Bird’s Juice-o-Lanterns” spell card, Orange Bird celebrates Halloween in his own, sunny way by creating “Juice-o-Lanterns,” drawing funny faces on the oranges that grow near the Sunshine Tree.”
This special event card will be distributed separately (and in addition to) the regular Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card packs guests are given at this location. Guests must register to play with their party ticket and event wristband in order to get one.
Let me help plan the details of your Halloween vacation!
Which hotel is the right fit for your family? Where to dine, attractions, crowds and all that goes along with planning a vacation is a lot to think about. With a Disney-focused travel agent by your side, you can plan as much or as little as you desire. My complimentary planning assistance all comes at NO additional cost to you and is based on countless hours of education and personal experience.
Receive a welcome packet when you book, filled with information & a custom planning calendar.
• Dining reservation assistance. Let me help you make your dining reservations for those popular Disney Restaurants. *based on availability
• Fastpass+ assistance. Undeicded on which attractions are the best for your family? I’m happy to help you plan to utilize your Fastpasses to your advantage and will also provide assistance making those reservations *based on availability
• Itinerary plans and printed itinerary with added suggestions to optimize your day and your experiences.
• Complimentary Planning. All of my assistance comes at no added cost to you. When you book your trip through me, you will get all of the magical extras that Disney offers, plus the personalized service that I offer.
• Help planning visits to other area attractions outside of the Disney theme parks. If you are considering adding other Orlando attractions to your vacation, why not get assistance of someone who has personally been there? Universal Orlando, SeaWorld, Discovery Cove and nearby cruise lines all make a wonderful addition to your next Orlando vacation.
You get all of this and more when you book your Disney vacation through (me) Melissa of Pixie Dust Adventures. Click here to visit my website & get started with a no obligation quote.
Thank you for reading. My name is Melissa and I am a Disney fanatic, I’m also a travel agent. You will find me almost every weekend in one of the Disney theme parks with my family exploring all of the newest things that Disney has to offer. Why not take advantage of my complementary planning services based consistent personal experience?
Pixie Dust Adventures – Destinations by Melissa www.PixieDustAdventures.com
Fall is in the air at Walt Disney World and Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is in full swing. This is my personal favorite holiday event that Disney offers. The atmosphere is ominously spooky while still be pleasantly fun without the extensive scare factor of other theme park Halloween events in the area. Costumes optional, this party is great fun for people of all ages.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party occurs in the magic Kingdom on select nights and is a separately ticketed event; this means that you cannot attend the party with your normal park entry ticket. You must purchase a Halloween Party ticket to attend. If you are interested in attending, be sure to buy early. The tickets for Halloween night are already sold out. CLICK HERE for a full list of event dates. The party officially begins and the park closes to the general public at 7:00pm. You can get into the park with your party ticket beginning at 4:00pm. It’s always a good idea to arrive early and have a plan in place.
Be sure and do you research before you attend the party and decide what events are important to you. There is no way to see and do everything at one single party (only 5 hours of fun).
This year our family was more focused on the candy & the specialty food rather than on meeting the characters and riding the attractions.
Events for 2016 are:
– Mickey’s “Boo To You” Parade: 8:30pm & 11:15pm
– Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular show: 8:00pm, 9:15pm, 10:40pm, 12:00am
– Celebrate the Magic Fireworks: 10:00pm
– Happy Hallowishes Frieworks: 10:15pm
– Special Disney Character Appearances: which can include the 7 dwarfs, Jack Skellington and Sally, Captain Hook & Smee, Captain Jack Sparrow, Halloween Mickey & Minnie, Buzz Lightyear and many more.
Spoiler Alert: CLICK HERE if you want to watch a full length video of the ‘Boo to You’ parade that we watched from the balcony of the train station.
– Creepy Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich – Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
– Spider Cupcake & Worms & Dirt – Main Street Bakery
– Candy Corn Surprise, soft-serve ice cream – Storybook Treats $4.19 +tax
– Pumpkin Spiced Cupcake – Gaston’s Tavern $5.19 +tax
We personally tried the Pumpkin Spiced Cupcake as well as the Candy Corn Surprise soft serve ice cream. Both were delicious fall desserts; the topping on the cupcake was very sweet icing and I bet you can’t guess what the “surprise” is at the bottom of the candy corn ice cream. Lines were much longer at Storybook Treats for the ice cream than for the cupcake in Gaston’s Tavern. In Fact, Gaston’s Tavern was rather empty & peaceful. This is a good place if you need somewhere to sit out of the crowds for a spell.
Pumpkin Spiced Cupckae
Enjoying the Candy Corn ice cream
– Emporium: Event T-shirts & MagicBand
– Box Office Gifts: MagicBand
– Mickey’s Star Traders: Event T-shirts
– Big Top Souvenirs: Event T-Shirts & Trading Pins * while supplies last & they do sell out At the top of my personal shopping list was the passholder pin at Big Top Souvenirs.
– Main Street U.S.A: Town Square Theater
– Adventureland: Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tiki Room, Pirates of the Caribbean
– Frontierland: Dock to Tom Sawyer Island, Splash Mountain
– Liberty Square: Heritage House, Liberty Square Riverboat
– Fantasyland: Pinocchio Village Haus, Peter Pan’s Flight, Pete’s Silly Slideshow
– Tomorrowland: Stitch’s Great Escape, Carousel of Progress, Space Mountain, An=untie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
This year the treat bags were handed out at the treat stations rather than at the entrance to the park. Some of the treat stations were out of courtesy bags at some times. If you are serious about trick-or-treating at the party, I recommend bringing your own, larger bag for candy collecting as the complimentary bags are a bit on the small side.
There are some new candy sponsors for the party this year; I will admit that the candy I miss most from the last few years, is the Ocean Spray Crasiens. The new gummy Lifesavers were very popular with my kids as well as the Skittles and Dove chocolate bars. There is no limit on the number of times that you can visit a particular treat station so if you find a favorite candy, be sure to stop in more than once.
If you have food allergies in your family, ask for the special allergy friendly bag & you can collect tokens that you can later exchange for allergy friendly candy.
My one mistake from this party is eating a meal during the party at Pecos Bills. This took time away from participating in party events with my family. Life this year is a little different for us since we now live in Florida. The traffic getting to the park kept us from arriving at our planned time. My advice is to be sure & eat a meal prior to the beginning of the party at 7:00pm. If you do decide to eat a meal during the party, Pecos Bills does have great patio seating where you can eat while you watch the parade go by if you time your meal right.
Don’t forget to get your free, exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card. You can get them at the firehouse where you sign up for the game. There are usually cast members standing outside & passing out the cards as they mark your MagicBand that you have received one.
One Major Must Do for me at every party is to get at least one, usually multiple, photos by Disney Photopass photographers. These pictures from the party are so neat. If you don’t feel like waiting in line for pictures during the party, wait until the party is over and get in line at the beginning of Main Street. That particular location was my favorite photo location & will still be open even after the party ends. There is a special Magic Shot, that you won’t want to miss, in front of the Train Station as you exit / enter the Magic Kingdom. I won’t ruin the “Magic” You will just have to get the photo to find out who is standing next to you in it.
If you are going to be visiting Walt Disney World in the fall, be sure not to miss Mickey’s Not so Scary Halloween Party.
My name is Melissa, I am a Florida resident and Disney Fanatic. I love visiting the parks almost every weekend with my family and being a part of every new thing that Disney offers up. If you are dreaming of a Disney vacation, visit www.PixieDustAdventures.com for a free quote as well as booking and planning assistance at no extra cost to you.
If you are going to be in Disneyland this fall, between the dates of September 25th and October 31st, you’ll want to consider purchasing tickets to Mickey’s Trick Or Treat Party.
This one-of-a-kind Halloween event is not to be missed. On select dates, with your ticket to the Halloween party, you will be able to enter the park at 4:00pm and the park closes to the general public between 6:00pm and 7:00pm to begin the party. Start times depend on the night and the end time is between 11:00pm and midnight, also depending on the night.
Mickey’s Trick-Or-Treat party is in addition to popular Halloween Time seasonal attractions such as, Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, famous Disney Villains, Mickey Mouse and his friends in Halloween costumes and the Dia de los Muertos celebration . During the party you can enjoy special character meets and delectable treats that you won’t see during normal operating hours.
One of my childrens’ favorite parts of the party is the trick-or-treat candy stations. Each station is clearly marked on a special map and will have a glowing ghost or pumpkin so they are easily seen. You can get in each line an unlimited number of times & they give out some awesome candy. Not the cheap stuff here.
You can see above my son with their loot that consisted of 19 pounds of delicious, mouth watering, cavity causing, Halloween candy. A dentist nightmare I know, but the kids love it!
Select attractions are open and This year, Mickey’s Halloween Party will include “Paint the Night” parade, celebrating Disneyland’s 60th anniversary, and “Halloween Screams” fireworks. Mickey’s Costume Party cavalcade parade will not be featured.
If this sounds like a fun even that would be perfect for your family, be sure to purchase your tickets early, they do sell out. The tickets must be paid for in full and will be mailed directly to you and are non-refundable. You can find exact dates and purchase tickets for the 2015 Halloween party HERE
My name is Melissa and I am a travel agent. I can help you book and plan your next trip to Disneyland at no additional cost to you. Contact me or visit my website for a free, no obligation quote. Melissa@PixieDustAdventures.com www.PixieDustAdventures.com