Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is amazing with larger than life characters that celebrate the films we all know and love. Read through for 10 fun facts about this amazing resort.
If you are dreaming of a Walt Disney World vacation, experience free planning at no added cost and it all starts with a free quote HERE
1. Art of Animation resort has 4 separate wings each themed with beloved characters from The Little Mermaid, Lion King, Nemo and Cars.
2. You can learn how to draw Disney characters with character artists in the lobby. This is a great activity for the kids to enjoy while the parents check-in at the first resort to offer check-in pods instead of the traditional check-in desks.
3. The family suites in this resort sleep up to 6 guests and outnumber the standard rooms. The family suites have 3 separate sleeping areas, 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette. You will find the family suites in the Lion King, Nemo and Cars wings of the resort.
4. The quick service food court, Landscape of Flavors, is the first food court to use washable plates and utensils instead of disposable.
5. At Landscape of Flavors you can customize your meals when they are made. The food offered at this quick service restaurant is unique and ranges from Italian to Asian to well known American dishes.
6. The Big Blue Pool is the feature pool, themed after fining Nemo. It holds over 310,000 gallons of water andis the largest pool on Disney property outside of the water parks. It has a dozen underwater speakers where you can listen to music and characters from Nemo., but speakers can only be heard when you submerse your head under the water. Yes, you have to get your head wet. lol
7. The Cars wing has life-sized characters from the movie including Lightening McQueen, Doc, Mater and even some that you cannot see in the parks including Fillmore, Sarge, Luigi & Ramon. These provide wonderful photo opportunities for Cars fans of all ages.
8. The Art of Animation Resort buildings are almost a reverse mirror image of the building layout at Pop Century Resort. The resort is also located just across Generation Gap Bridge from Pop Century. If you would like to explore another well-themed value resort, just walk across the bridge. They also have a wonderful pizza option in the Pop food court.
9. All of the standard rooms, that sleep 4 guests, are located in the Little Mermaid wing and this wing does not have any family suites.
10. There is a running trail that makes a complete loop around the lake and between both the Art of Animation Resort and the Pop Century Resort.
For more photos of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, visit my website HERE
Read details about Disney’s Art of Animation Resort HERE
Let us help plan the details of your vacation!
Which hotel is the right fit for your family? Where to dine, attractions, crowds and all that goes along with planning a vacation is a lot to think about. With a Disney-focused travel agent by your side, you can plan as much or as little as you desire. My planning assistance all comes at NO additional cost to you and is based on countless hours of personal experience.
• Receive a welcome packet when you book, filled with information & a custom planning calendar.
• Dining reservation assistance. Let me help you make your dining reservations for those popular Disney Restaurants. *based on availability
• Fastpass+ assistance. Undeicded on which attractions are the best for your family? I’m happy to help you plan to utilize your Fastpasses to your advantage and will also provide assistance making those reservations *based on availability
• Itinerary plans and printed itinerary with added suggestions to optimize your day and your experiences.
• Fee-Free Planning. All of my assistance comes at no added cost to you. I book directly through Disney and never charge a service fee. When you book your trip through me, you will get all of the services that Disney offers, plus the personalized service that I offer.
• Help planning visits to other area attractions outside of the Disney theme parks. If you are considering adding other Orlando attractions to your vacation, why not get assistance of someone who is local and been there?
You get all of this and more when you book your Disney vacation through Melissa of Pixie Dust Adventures (me). Click here to visit my website & get started with a no obligation quote.
Thank you for reading! My name is Melissa and I am a Disney fanatic; I’m also a travel agent. You will find me almost every weekend in one of the Disney parks with my family. The only thing I love more than exploring Disney myself is helping others plan their vacations. I hope that I will be able to assist you in planning yours.
Melissa Mathies – Pixie Dust Adventures