Disney has announced a list of 19 things to experience when you visit Walt Disney World in 2019. Some are new, some are old & some are only offered for a limited-time.
When I read through this I noticed right away that certain experiences were missing. Read through and I will tell you my thoughts at the end of the article.
Beginning January 8th:
- In honor of the true originals, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration will bring new music, dancing and all sorts of other fun to Magic Kingdom®
- The new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party” at Magic Kingdomwill invite you to dance with Mickey, Minnie and their pals in front of Cinderella Castle. Shake it along with live singers belting out new arrangements of classic “Mickey Mouse Club” songs.
- The Dapper Dans and other entertainers on Main Street, U.S.A. at Magic Kingdomwill sing songs in honor of Mickey.
- Look for special Mickey- and Minnie-themed merchandise and food at Magic Kingdomto make this party complete.
- And this is a Surprise Celebration, after all, so you can expect more Limited-Time Magic entertainment and other experiences to pop up periodically around Magic Kingdom.
- The Incredibles are coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios®! Pixar Avenue will transform into a Metroville city block, and Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone are throwing a party to celebrate.
- Meet the one and only Edna Mode – the greatest super suit designer! She will set up a special location on Pixar Avenue showcasing some of her best creations (no capes!).
- Show your #IncredibleSide along Pixar Avenue by striking a heroic pose in front of three-dimensional scenes straight out of Pixar Animation Studios’ Incredibles
- Also on Pixar Avenue, look for clues to the whereabouts of the youngest Incredible, the mischievous and multi-powered Jack-Jack.
- Elsewhere at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, a door to the monster world will open inside Walt Disney Presents, where you’ll have a chance to meet Mike and Sulley from Pixar’s Monsters Inc.
- Celebrate the 25thanniversary of Walt Disney Pictures’ “The Lion King” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® along with Timon and Rafiki in the “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” on Discovery Island. Let your inner animal roam free on the dance floor in this raucous party!
- Also at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, have fun posing in front of special three-dimensional photo opportunities re-creating scenes from the animated classic.
- The Epcot International Festival of the Arts is back! This year’s special event takes place Jan. 18 – Feb. 25, allowing you to indulge in world-class culinary and visual arts.
- The Disney on Broadway concert series is expanding to seven days a week during the Festival of the Arts, so you’ll have even more opportunities to experience some Disney musical magic live on stage.
In all of the parks, later in the year
- Welcome spring’s arrival with the Epcot®International Flower & Garden Festival, returning March 6 – June 3 with its wide selection of delectable bites at outdoor kitchens and dozens of Disney-themed topiaries blooming around the park.
- Even better, this year’s Garden Rocks concert series expands, as well, to seven days a week during the Flower & Garden Festival, which means a total of 270 concerts over the course of the 90-day event.
- Ka-Chow! Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy rolls into Disney’s Hollywood Studiosin spring 2019. In this new show experience, you’ll come face to face with Lightning and learn from his years of experience on the track.
- Outside the Racing Academy, you’ll get to meet Lightning McQueen’s speedy pal, Cruz Ramirez.
- If you haven’t visited Walt Disney World recently, then there’s even more for you to explore and experience. Become an honorary toy at Toy Story Land in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, travel to the bioluminescent planet of Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom or wish a fond farewell to IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth – the nighttime spectacular at Epcot – before its conclusion scheduled for the end of summer 2019.
NOW… Who noticed something missing in this list of activities for 2019??? Need a hint? Are you a Star Wars fan? Now you got it! They did not mention the opening of Star Wars: A Galaxy’s Edge. As a Star Wars guru should I take it personally? Probably not, the announcements for Star Wars are take up an entire article of their own. If you want to read about the Star Wars happenings… click Through This article What’s Coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
Let me help plan the details of your vacation!
Which hotel is the right fit for your family? Where to dine, attractions, crowds and all that goes along with planning a vacation is a lot to think about. With a Disney-focused travel agent by your side, you can plan as much or as little as you desire. My complimentary planning assistance all comes at NO additional cost to you and is based on countless hours of education and personal experience.
- Receive a welcome packet when you book, filled with information & a custom planning calendar.
• Dining reservation assistance. Let me help you make your dining reservations for those popular Disney Restaurants. *based on availability
• Fastpass+ assistance. Undeicded on which attractions are the best for your family? I’m happy to help you plan to utilize your Fastpasses to your advantage and will also provide assistance making those reservations *based on availability
• Itinerary plans and printed itinerary with added suggestions to optimize your day and your experiences.
• Complimentary Planning. All of my assistance comes at no added cost to you. When you book your trip through me, you will get all of the magical extras that Disney offers, plus the personalized service that I offer.
• Help planning visits to other area attractions outside of the Disney theme parks. If you are considering adding other Orlando attractions to your vacation, why not get assistance of someone who has personally been there? Universal Orlando, SeaWorld, Discovery Cove and nearby cruise lines all make a wonderful addition to your next Orlando vacation.
You get all of this and more when you book your Disney vacation through (me) Melissa of Pixie Dust Adventures. Click here to visit my website & get started with a no obligation quote.
Thank you for reading. My name is Melissa and I am a Disney fanatic, I’m also a travel agent. You will find me almost every weekend in one of the Disney theme parks with my family exploring all of the newest things that Disney has to offer. Why not take advantage of my complementary planning services based consistent personal experience?
Melissa Mathies, MCC – Destinations by Melissa
Pixie Dust Adventures / Adventure Anywhere Travel