We’ve been watching closely as this land has been well concealed while it has been under construction and anxiously awaiting any tidbit of news that Disney has to release. Now it’s official. Disney has announced that Toy Story Land, in the Hollywood Studios theme park, will open on June 30th, 2018!
Disney’s official news below….
“When it opens, Guests visiting Toy Story Land will “shrink” to the size of a toy and join in on the fun Woody, Jessie, Buzz, and Andy’s other beloved toys are having in Andy’s backyard. Here, your Clients can take a ride on Slinky Dog Dash, a roller coaster Andy has assembled from his Mega Coaster Play Kit and topped off with Slinky and Jessie. (Check out the time-lapse video below of one of Slinky Dog Dash’s first test runs).
Families will also be able to take a spin on Alien Swirling Saucers, a galactic play set that Andy won from Pizza Planet. Here, adorable little green aliens swirl about in their flying saucers with guests in tow in their rocket ship toys, while “The Claw” hangs overhead.
Guests can also walk through a new carnival game box to experience Toy Story Mania!, which has been a Guest-favorite attraction at the park since it opened in 2008. Now expanded with a third track, the popular attraction will put even more Guests in the action taking aim at 3D objects – using everything from baseballs to cream pies – in a variety of whimsical, fast-paced games.
Woody’s Lunch Box – actually, Andy’s lunch box that he’s set on its side – will serve up tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats from a walk-up window setting. The entire land will serve as a visual celebration of toys, with Crayons, Cooties, Green Army Men, Rubik’s Cubes, Tinkertoys, and other familiar toys and game pieces incorporated into the land’s design.”
The Height requirements for the above attractions are as follows:
Slinky Dog Dash – 38″ or taller
Alien Swirling Saucers – 32″ or taller
Star Wars land is expected to open in 2019 and once these lands are complete in Hollywood Studios, I will finally be able to tell people that this is a park where you want to spend at least one full day if no additional days to see everything. I’m looking forward to the opening of Toy Story Land. Follow along on my social media pages for my personal experiences in this new land when it opens in June.
Let me help plan the details of your vacation!
Which hotel is the right fit for your family? Where to dine, attractions, crowds and all that goes along with planning a vacation is a lot to think about. With a Disney-focused travel agent by your side, you can plan as much or as little as you desire. My planning assistance all comes at NO additional cost to you and is based on countless hours of personal experience.
- Receive a welcome packet when you book, filled with information & a custom planning calendar.
• Dining reservation assistance. Let me help you make your dining reservations for those popular Disney Restaurants. *based on availability
• Fastpass+ assistance. Undeicded on which attractions are the best for your family? I’m happy to help you plan to utilize your Fastpasses to your advantage and will also provide assistance making those reservations *based on availability
• Itinerary plans and printed itinerary with added suggestions to optimize your day and your experiences.
• Fee-Free Planning. All of my assistance comes at no added cost to you. I book directly through Disney and never charge a service fee. When you book your trip through me, you will get all of the services that Disney offers, plus the personalized service that I offer.
• Help planning visits to other area attractions outside of the Disney theme parks. If you are considering adding other Orlando attractions to your vacation, why not get assistance of someone who is local and been there?
You get all of this and more when you book your Disney vacation through Melissa of Pixie Dust Adventures (me). Click here to visit my website & get started with a no obligation quote.
Thank you for reading. My name is Melissa and I am a Disney fanatic, I’m also a travel agent. You will find me almost every weekend in one of the Disney theme parks with my family exploring all of the newest things that Disney has to offer.
Melissa Mathies – Pixie Dust Adventures