Yesterday Disney released some details about the things that you will see in the newest area of Hollywood Studios scheduled to open in 2019. I’m excited to see Toy Story Land when it opens this summer, but excitement begin to describe of how I feel about the new Star Wars Land.
If you are visiting Hollywood Studios in the near future, you may not be able to get into the new land yet, but you can get a sweet photopass photo in front of this impressive entrance and pick-up some limited edition merchandise while you are there.
Eight interesting facts were announced by Disney and I am sharing them with you below.
1. It Opens Next Year! – Opening date is currently set at 2019. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Disneyland® Resort will debut first and the land at the Walt Disney World® Resort will debut second.
2. It’s Set On The Planet Batuu – At Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, guests will visit Batuu, a remote outpost on the galaxy’s edge was once a busy crossroads along the old sub-lightspeed trade routes, but its prominence was bypassed by the rise of hyperspace travel. Now home to those who prefer to stay out of the mainstream, it has become a thriving port for smugglers, rogue traders and adventurers traveling between the frontier and uncharted space. It’s also a convenient safe haven for those intent on avoiding the expanding reach of the First Order.
3. A Second Attraction Planned for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Puts You On A Star Destroyer – This attraction, “built on a scale we’ve never done before,” will make guests feel like they’re inside a hangar bay in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. (The name of this attraction is still yet to be released).
4. A Cantina Will Serve Up Blue Milk – Only one food and beverage item has been announced for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge so far and that’s the blue milk Luke Skywalker made famous in “Star Wars IV: A New Hope.”
5. Expect To See Characters From A Galaxy Far, Far Away – Guests will also encounter many familiar faces inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, including BB-8, Chewbacca, members of the First Order and – among many others – Rex, the troublesome pilot you may remember from the previous version of a certain Disney attraction who takes on a new role in this land as the DJ at the cantina.
6. The Land Will Feature Marketplaces & New Toys – Imagineers looked to the exotic markets of Istanbul and Marrakech for inspiration for the land’s marketplace, where guests can explore a rich collection of shops and merchant stalls. One stall will be overseen by a Toydarian, a creatures fans first encountered on Tatooine in “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.” Here, your Clients will be able to discover all kinds of fun toys straight out of the Star Wars galaxy.
7. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Merchandise Has Already Been Released – The first Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge merchandise, available at select locations at the Disneyland and the Walt Disney World Resort, was released in December. The line currently consists of an assortment of men’s and women’s T-shirts, hats and more that feature faces and places familiar to Star Wars fans, including the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge logo, the Millennium Falcon, BB-8, DJ Rex and more.
8. View A Portion Of The Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Model Right Now – A portion of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge model is currently on display at the end of the Walt Disney Presents exhibit at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®.
Stay tuned to Disney Travel News for more updates about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge coming to Disneyland and Walt Disney World® Resorts.
Stay tuned for more information…..
Let me help plan the details of your galactic adventure!
Which hotel is the right fit for your family? Where to dine, attractions, crowds and all that goes along with planning a vacation is a lot to think about. With a Disney-focused travel agent by your side, you can plan as much or as little as you desire. My planning assistance all comes at NO additional cost to you and is based on countless hours of personal experience.
• Receive a welcome packet when you book, filled with information & a custom planning calendar.
• Dining reservation assistance. Help with your dining reservations (based on availability) at time that won’t interfere with your touring.
• Fastpass+ assistance. Which attractions are the best for your family to utilize your Fastpasses for and assistance making those reservations (based on availability).
• Itinerary plans and printed itinerary with added suggestions to optimize your day and your experiences.
• Help planning visits to other area attractions outside of the Disney theme parks.
You get all of this and more when you book your Disney vacation through Melissa of Pixie Dust Adventures (me). Click here to visit my website & get started with a no obligation quote.
My name is Melissa and I am a Disney fanatic, I’m also a travel agent. You will find me almost every weekend in one of the Disney parks or exploring a Florida area attraction with my family. Living in Florida allows me to keep up to date with all of the newest things that Disney releases, on land and at sea.