The Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant in Hollywood Studios is one of my family’s favorite restaurants in Hollywood Studios. The atmosphere is unlike any other as you are seated in a classic 1950’s car table while you watch black and white movie clips from movies like Godzilla. This table service restaurant is a must-see and is on the Disney Dining Plan.
Lets start with 4 tips and end with the news of breakfast being served.
1. Dine while watching old time movies: As you are guided to your car table by a your car-hop, take in the details of this one-of-a-kind restaurant. There are stars shining overhead as the car lights glow. Watch old movies that are enjoyable & entertaining, but are only clips and you will see the same clips more than once if you eat slow enough.
2. Request a Car automo-booth: Some table are just tables with regular chairs around them & a booth on one side of the car. The preferred tables have 3 bench seats, with tables in front of each seat for your food. Each bench seat can fit 2, so only 6 people will fit in a single car automo-booth. If you are a party of 4, you may pick up some hitchhikers along the way… By requesting one of these popular car booths, your weight may be slightly longer.
3. Try a milkshake: Be sure not to miss the old fashioned milk shakes served at the Sci-Fi Dine-In the Oreo Cookie is my favorite! if you are on the Disney Dining Plan, you can order water to drink & swap your drink for a milkshake & still be able to order dessert with your meal.
4. Don’t miss dessert: Even though it is tempting to order a milkshake with your meal & then skip dessert, you must try at least one dessert to share. I recommend the House-made Sci-fi Candy Bar or the Out-of-this-World Turtle Cheesecake. These unique desserts look as good as they taste.
For all of you early risers out there Breakfast is coming! This is only a test period for breakfast and begins on November 1st 2015 to January 23rd 2016. Reservations are now open. If you are going to be in Hollywood Studios during the test time, don’t miss out on the opportunity to try some of their unique breakfast offerings:
- Puff Pastry filled with Scrambled Eggs, Crab, Asparagus and Gruyère Cheese with Roasted Tomatoes
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin on Baby Spinach, with Bacon and Cheddar Custard on a Roasted Tomato and Cheesy Horseradish Potatoes
- Scrambled Eggs, Crispy Bacon, Sausage Links and Breakfast Potatoes
- Macadamia Crusted Brioche French Toast with Mascarpone and Fresh Berries
This experience is available for a limited time and is in addition to the regular lunch and dinner offerings. The price for breakfast is $23.99 per adult and $12.99 per child age 3 to 9 (tax and gratuity not included). Meals are one table-service entitlement on the Disney Dining Plan.
Thank you for reading! My name is Melissa and the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant is one stop that we make on almost every trip. My kids beg to go back over and over again.I am also a travel agent with Main Street Adventures Travel Agency. Thank you to my clients that trust me to assist you in planning your Disney vacations and if you are not a current client, be sure to contact me when you think of planning your next trip to Disney World; my planning service costs nothing extra over booking directly through Disney. 😉