Before Memory Maker, Disney offered Photopass, and then Photopass+, which has now evolved into Memory Maker. I thought it necessary to review Memory Maker because Disney has made some new additions to it throughout 2014.
Disney’s Memory Maker can now be added to your Walt Disney World vacation package. No need to worry about pre-purchasing in time to get the pre-purchase price. *As part of your package it will be subject to Disney’s package terms & conditions & cancellation policy.
“Memory Maker” combines photos taken by a PhotoPass photographer, attraction photos and any of your own photos linked to your My Disney Experience account. Photos will be available the day they were taken and can be accessed for 45 days. Photos can be downloaded an unlimited amount of times during your stay and for 45 days after.
NEW: Memory Maker, attraction videos. Disney is now offering attraction videos. The are currently offered in the Magic Kingdom at the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and in Hollywood Studios at the Tower of Terror attraction. These videos are automatically added to your Memory Maker account by detecting your MagicBand while you are on the ride.
NEW: Animated Magic Shots. Add a little animation magic to your family photos with these new animated magic shots Disney offers. You can ask for them in Epcot® – Behind Spaceship Earth and at Norway Pavilion; in Disney’s Hollywood Studios® – Hollywood Boulevard and in Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park – Bridge near Expedition Everest.
With Memory Maker, your whole family can be in the picture, and even video, at Disney PhotoPass locations—plus select attraction and dining locations—throughout Walt Disney World Resort. All of the photos you take are magically yours forever, like memories of your family posing together in front of Cinderella Castle, screaming down Splash Mountain, hugging Mickey Mouse and so much more.
Forget about having to purchase each photo individually—you can get digital copies of them all.
Setting up and using Memory Maker is a snap. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be ready for a photo finish:
1. Link Memory Maker to your My Disney Experience account. If you purchased online, it may have been linked automatically.
2. Add people to your Family & Friends list to enable you to view and download their photos.
3. Capture unlimited photos at hundreds of Disney PhotoPass locations—and select attraction and dining locations—throughout Walt Disney World Resort; as well as attraction videos at select locations.
4. View and download your photos. Once you download the first photo, you have 30 days to capture more photos. Photos remain in your account for 45 days after they are taken.
Where can you use my Memory Maker?
Disney PhotoPass photographs set up throughout the Walt Disney Resort to capture your magical memories.
– Space Mountain
– Splash Mountain
– Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
– Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Video)
– Test Track
– The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (Video)
– Rock ‘n Roller Coaster
– Expedition Everest
– 1900 Park Fare
– Ohana’s Best Friends Breakfast
– Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
– Chef Mickey’s
– Cinderella’s Royal Table
– Tusker House Restaurant
– Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
– Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
– Pirates League
The normal purchase price is $199. If you buy at least 4 days in advance of your trip you can save $30. Your Memory Maker window will begin 3 days after the date Memory Maker is purchased. All photos taken outside of your Memory Maker window must be purchased separately.
To purchase your Memory Maker go to your account at www.MyDisneyExperience.com Sign in, scroll down & click “Memory Maker” then follow the instructions.
If you do not have an account at MyDisneyExperience, go to www.StartYourDisneyExperience.com to sign up for your free account today.
Consider booking your next vacation through me. My booking and planning services are FREE and often offer extra incentives and goodies.